Thank you to all the neighbors and community volunteers from Johns Hopkins Alpha Kappa Psi who helped to transform the Sisson Street lot on Sunday, December 6! We accomplished a tremendous amount, including:
– Shifted all 30 community garden beds to the back of the lot
– Moved 40 yards of topsoil into garden beds
– Laid cardboard and spread mulch in the pathways between the garden beds
– Picked up trash on and around the lot perimeter
– Leveled out the playing area with new soil and added a layer of compost to the entire field area – hoping for green grass in the spring!
– Planted ornamental grasses near the entryway.
If you are interested in helping us maintain the lot, please e-mail email@example.com.