GRIA Community Meeting 09/18/2019
Board Members Present: Maryanne, Jed, Corey, Phong, Aaron, Candance, Pete, Nellie
Staff Member Present: Carrie
Total Attendees: ~27
- Light city is looking to make a documentary involving neighborhood members
- Michael Rosenblum will talk about how to switch to a 100% renewable electricity provider
- Many solutions out there are a scam
- Allows you to switch to renewable
- 90 day cancellation of the contract
- No fees
- He will be coming back to describe his experience in a year.
- Food and Water Watch
- to discuss high water bills
- Water and Accountability Act
- Implement an Accordability Program
- Establish an Office of Customer Advocacy
- Would only advocate under the DPW
- Petition passed around to support the bill
- Councilman Stokes has not yet thrown his support behind the bill
- Flyer attached for details
- Councilman Bill Henry will talk about his campaign for City Comptroller
- Baltimore’s form of City Government is strongly executive
- Current comptroller has not published notes for the board of estimates, and hasn’t indicated any movement toward opening up these discussions.
- Comptroller is in charge of audits, and in charge of the department of real estate.
- Audits are posted online, but not promoted.
- Community input on traffic concerns in Remington
- Trying to prioritize the worst intersections and streets.
- Dumpster Day
- Saturday October 19th starting at 9am
- We will be taking a collection for community members who are not able to attend the “Celebration of the Ministry of Pastor Alice” https://www.facebook.com/events/385951675384654/