Since January, GRIA members have been busy preparing the lot for spring use by:
- working with neighbors to coordinate and design improvements to the lot
- meeting with staff from the Baltimore City Office of Sustainability and Housing Department for approval and advice about appropriate uses
- working with a volunteer landscape architecture team and the Neighborhood Design Center to develop a professionally-designed site map for the space
- trimming the fruit trees along 27th Street (thanks to the Baltimore City Forestry Department for picking them up so quickly)
- working with the Baltimore City Housing Department and Department of Public Works to determine running water options to the site
- contacting BGE to determine electricity options for the site
- preparing a grant proposal to fund site developments
- cleaning up trash on the site
- soliciting donations from businesses for natural materials to develop the site (soil, lumber, sand, woodchips, etc.)
- raising seedlings with The Community School students for the community gardeners (any neighborhood gardeners are welcome to purchase seedlings at the spring plant sale!)
For more background and results from our community survey, check out the presentation from our January community meeting.
To get involved with this project, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org!