Harriet Tubman Grove, MD Legal, and Ghost Rivers
Board Members Present: Phong, Pete, Corey, Aaron, Wynn, Maryanne, Matt
Staff member – Amanda
Total Attendees: 40
- Kristian (2600/Huntingdon)
- Property was bought for redevelopment
- 14 apartments on the first and second floor
- Exterior done by end of June, when they’ll be ready to begin leasing shortly thereafter
- Wyman Park Dell / Harriet Tubman Grove
- Harriet Tubman Grove is the rededication of the site which used to contain the Robert E. Lee statue.
- Signage has been added to contexualize the new space, but it hasn’t entirely transformed the space
- Listening sessions will be hosted
- June 12th @ 2pm-3pm on Facebook Live
- July 10th @ 2pm-3pm In-Person at the Grove
- MD Legal Volunteer Service/John Kern
- Pro-bono legal provider for civil cases
- When a title isn’t officially passed down through estate planning through a deed, you can end up with a tangled title.
- For these situations they can help untangle the title/deed for the inheriting family.
- They can also do a housing checkup to make sure the title/deed is properly set up.
- John Kern – 443.451.4082
- To reach the paralegals – 410.547.6537
Mount Royal requesting additional ~$2000 for facade project
- Workshop 1 (online)
- Thursday, June 3 at 6:30PM
- OR Tuesday, June 8 at 6:30PM
- Workshop 2 (in-person)
- Saturday, June 12 at 11AM
- Rain date: Sunday, June 13 at 11AM
Neighborhood cleanup May 22 update
- GRIA is having monthly neighborhood trash cleanups
- This month will be partnered with Mom’s Organic Markets who will be providing refreshments.
- We’ll provide pickers, trashbags and directions to any problem areas in the neighborhood
- Next month will be bulk trash, this event will only be neighborhood pickup.